Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Alone Time" Isn't Just for Perverts

"Caring for Your Introvert"
(The habits and needs of a little-understood group)

I've been wanting to share this article from The Atlantic by Jonathan Rauch for quite some time. I think it pretty well speaks for itself, except to say the obvious: My name is Russell, and I am an introvert.

Seriously, there are a few spots where I think Rauch probably overdoes it a little (for example I think his advice at the end of the article is probably a little extreme) but his overall point is absolutely spot-on. If nothing else I don't believe I'm quite as introverted as he is (or possibly I'm just slighting better adjusted, but only slightly).

Anyway, for you extroverts out there, hopefully this will help you understand why I'm not much of a party person; for you introverts, stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment